Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Super Redhawk Scope

Any recommendations for a scope for a 44 mag Super Redhawk 7.5"? Seems like everyone swears by Leupold but it'll be for my Dad for his bday so I don't want to buy a used M8. The only 2 they make now are an expensive variable power that will likely go unused or a fixed 4 power that seems like a bit much. I'd prefer a 2 or 2.5 power. I want to be sure it's something that will hold up to recoil. Especially if I get him some of those Underwood +P+ loads that are on par with a 454 Casull.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I have had the same M8 2 power on a Super Blackhawk for thirty years or so kind of partial to them. Burris makes a nice 2X20 ata no bad price point.

Title
    Premium Member
    What about a Red Dot? I had a Red Dot on my Redhawk for a bit. Removed it and went with open sights. Scopes are great as long as you have a good sturdy rest.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by handcannon View Post
    What about a Red Dot? I had a Red Dot on my Redhawk for a bit. Removed it and went with open sights. Scopes are great as long as you have a good sturdy rest.
    I've thought about an UltraDot but I'd have to also buy rings. Is a 2 power that hard to shoot off hand? I know my red dot on my M&P is pretty shakey but I shoot it pretty well. I imagine a 2 power will he twice as shakey so it will take some practice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk